Sunday, January 1, 2012

Washington or Bust: Going Home in September

I'm a Washington girl through and through. Every year I look forward to going home and this year was especially so! I hadn't had a real vacation in over a year...and boy did everyone pamper me, especially Megan, who I swore was channeling her inner Grandma Trudy. I love to shop and we shopped until we dropped! The first weekend I stayed with Wendy and her husband Daniel and was able to spend time with all my old friends from home (Well, not ALL...but a good majority)...sadly, this is the majority of my pictures! I hardly have any from the week at my Dad and Megan's or the weekend with my auntie Margaret. Friday night: We had a Bonfire at Tyler's house. I miss bonfires. One time we tried to even just find a campground nearby in Columbus to have a fire...there is absolutely nowhere. So I love coming home and sitting around the fire.
Yummmmmm...hotdogs (okay not really, I only really like a good hotdog when its been burned on the fire!)
Wendy and Daniel Saturday: Hike on Rattlesnake Ledge. With the snow level dropping to 5,000 feet, and it raining everywhere else, we decided to just hike Rattlesnake Ledge. It didn't start raining until we were down and it was still beautiful.
Tyler and Dita taking a break at the top and enjoying a sandwich together off in the distance...we thought it was sweet of Tyler to make them both lunch.
Saturday night: The Puyallup Fair
My poor shoes were ruined because it poured rain the entire time...I don't know why I thought it would be different!
Driving to my dad's: Was so much fun...only 13 miles straight of road construction over the pass (at least it was a nice day)
Adventures in Megansitting: Okay not really...I did have to drive her around because right before I came she managed to break her elbow in every way possible, involving all bones, ligaments and everything else. She pretty much amputated herself. So after her surgery she was stuck, immobile, in a cast. We drove all over, Chelan, Wenatchee and Leavenworth and shopped, shopped and shopped some more. Unfortunately I was a zealous photographer on day one, not so much on the following days....
Megan standing outside the church she would take her parents to. Notice the lovely cast on her arm/
In Chelan I introduced her to the Lakeview Drive-In...hamburgers and delicious shakes....she enjoyed it!
I don't know how I did it, but I managed to go this entire trip home without a single picture of my Dad! Sorry Dad! Conference in Vancouver in the rain with my Aunt Margaret: My battery died and so this is the only picture I have, taken from my I-phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment