Sunday, January 1, 2012

Are You Having a Girl?

This seemed to be the question I've asked the most over the last few years. The reason is due to a knitting book for baby's clothing which was purchased over 2 years ago (when my sister was pregnant with Amyah). At that time I began knitting a baby dress intended for the baby, not realizing how awful it would be. The knitting itself wasn't difficult, just the tediousness of knitting on size 1 needles. Needless to say, the dress was never completed in time, and eventually I quit because I just plain hated the yarn I was using. A year later, the dress was revived but with different, nicer yarn. The dress in question,has been intended for over 5 different baby girls (all of which were born and grown too large before I was able to complete the dress). FINALLY, I finished the dress and it just so happened that my sister's in-laws were having a baby girl and so Lucy is the lucky baby girl who ended up with my dress (whether she or her parents liked it or not!). Brittney, her mother, was kind enough to send my pictures of her drowning in the dress (I guess its better too large than too small!) And of course I have to post it because of all the time it took me to make it! In order to make the flowers, I actually had to learn to crochet as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment