Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Trifecta

A week before I left to visit my sister and her family for Thanksgiving (if you want to see pictures, go to her blog) I started coughing, a horrible cough. By the Monday before, I was still hacking away all day and night and I decided I should pay a visit to the doctor (something I haven't done in over 3 years) and see what she could do. It turned out, I had bronchitis, she gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way. Well, in Arizona, I began taking Nyquil every night on top of my daily regiment of Muscinex D and antibiotics and the cough didn't seem to be getting better. A few days after being home, I left for Denver, the cough still going strong. It got worse in Denver and my head began to fill up as well. By the flight home even my advisor advised that I go back to the doctor. Which I did, the day after coming home. Guess what? I still had bronchitis, and to top it off, I also had a sinus infection. I was given a different variety of antibiotics and some cough syrup with Hydrocodone. Needless to say, I encountered all the side effects of the cough syrup (tiredness, dizziness, and insomnia to name a few), so although it cleared me up right away, I was not sleeping well. I stayed home from the lab for a couple of days-through the weekend-and the next Monday morning, as I was lumbering down the stairs, in a hydrocodone induced haze, Sadie (the labradoodle) ran up into me to greet me of course (or because she thought she was playing with me) and I lost my balance and flipped over her down the remaining stairs...The following pictures portray the events.
STAIRS +
SADIE +
HYDROCODONE =
A TRIP TO THE ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON (DON'T WORRY--NO SURGERY)thanks to Linda, who gave me a ride. I promise...I don't have kankles...my ankle was really this swollen.
A FRACTURED ANKLE
AND AND AIRCAST FOR AT LEAST 6 WEEKS
I call this the trifecta because for some reason, everything happens in threes to me. I'm hoping that bronchitis and a sinus infection are counted individually and that the ankle rounds it out as the third event. However, I'm a little worried, that the third event is waiting just around the corner...

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are blogging again! You look great, even with the walking cast ;)

    ReplyDelete