Saturday, April 16, 2011

New Puppy!

Monday I went to the pet store to look at kittens and came home with this little guy. Han Solo is his name, mostly for his reckless abandon! It kind of reminds me of the time my dad just went to "look" at Porsches and drove one home (albeit not as expensive) or the time my mom, my sister and I stopped in at the pet store at the mall and came home with Candy (our cockerspaniel). If you can't tell, he is a miniature schnauzer...and looks a whole lot like Spaetzle our trusty old girl who died last year. He's pretty spunky, but he knows who's boss and that bed time is 10 o'clock sharp. He now scratches on my bed at the time so I will put him in his spot. He also knows how to "come" and "sit" and is learning that only his toys are for chewing (although not very easily).





By Saturday he was getting pretty stinky because it had been raining all week so I gave him a bath...here it looks extra fluffy and cute.




Last but not least, here is a video (if you haven't had enough yet) of Hans playing with his favorite toy that he drags all around the house. Last week I caught him in his crate with his teeth clenched tightly around it growling fiercely. I guess everyone needs to be the boss somewhere.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Love the song! Cute puppy! Wish I could hold him! The kids do too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily and the purple layer did turn brown but only slightly on the outside and once we frosted it it was just purple:) I still think your picture was way more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's very cute! I was so close to getting a mini schnauzer last year. I wanted to name it Jellybean. :-)

    ReplyDelete