Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hocking Valley Scenic Railway

First of all, let me say, that I have been sick all week. I have hardly eaten anything accept cereal, toast on occasion and ginger ale or other fizzy beverages. Everything, including the thought of eating something has made me feel nauseas. Saturday was no exception, but I was tired of not doing things and I decided to go with the singles ward to the Hocking Valley Scenic Railway. When I say it was just okay, this could be due to the fact that I was sitting in an enclosed car for most of the time, with no airflow. Lets just say, it wasn't what I expected. I think I had it in my mind it would be like going to Hogwarts on the Hogwarts express and we would see majestic views. Why I thought there would be majestic views somewhere in Ohio is beyond me. Ohio is beautiful in its own way, but I don't believe I've ever looked at something here and thought to myself, "that's majestic!" For the last 20 minutes we did go to an open car and that was way better. Mainly for the air flow. I guess its kind of like going on a ferry, really boring on the inside and really fun (as long as its not freezing) from the outside. I bet this would be amazing to go on once all the leaves started to change color though..and there were a million boyscouts and kids , so I would definitely recommend it for kids. It was fun to be with friends though, so not a waste of a day by any means....I was just hoping for Hogwarts I guess!
My friends Carly and Allison
My room mate Katrina and our friend Justin
My room mate to be, Briar and Katrina

1 comment:

  1. Glad I found out from your blog that you have a soon-to-be roommate. :) Thanks for the personal update!

    ReplyDelete