Sunday, May 8, 2011

TOSRV 2011

TOSRV= Tour of the Scioto (sounds like sigh-oh-ta) River Valley.

So I have ridden with the TOSRV two other times but never as an official registered rider. And only for 50 miles, after that we would turn around in Chillicothe and ride back (100 total)

. This year I had stars in my eyes and decided I wanted to ride the entire thing (two days...210 miles), but unfortunately the weather was not on my side and without a trainer, I was unable to ride very many days outside. So yesterday I packed my bags and met Dean and Drake at the start, near the capitol building in Columbus at 7 am (Thanks to my roomate Alissa who dropped me off). The weather was the best its been the entire month of April, not too hot, not too cold and not too much wind. Anyway, I rode the 105 miles down to Portsmouth and it really wasn't too bad. However, at mile 95, I hit my wall and I knew I would never make it back the start the next day. So I did what any respectable biker did, I bailed in Portsmouth. Alissa and Katrina kindly drove my car the 100 miles and piled themselves and all the dogs inside and came and picked me, my bike and my luggage up. Last night, instead of sleeping on a gym floor, I cozied up in my nice, comfortable bed with my puppy at my side and slept like a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment